Friday, March 14, 2014

League of Extraordinary Bloggers - I'm Obsessed!

Wow it's certainly been a long time since I posted anything here at the old Nerd Nook. I have most definitely been more focused on my Instagram (NerdNook) than this blog. I'm excited to see our League Leader Brian over at Cool and Collected getting the band back together! So without further adieu:


Well as it turns out I've got loads of obsessions as of late, most of which stem from nostalgia, the 80s, and recapturing pieces of my childhood. I've got several toy collections going at the moment and will be hopefully adding a new installment of Nerd Nook Newbies to blog soon. Stay tuned for that! But in the interest of staying to the point I'm gonna write about one recent obsession that encompasses the nostalgia, reliving of my childhood, and the 80s.........

If you haven't checked out this show DO IT....DO IT NOW! It really manages to capture that 80s feel with the music, clothes, decor, and general attitudes of the characters. They regularly include some the 80s biggest heavy hitters including: The Goonies, GI Joe, Masters of the Universe, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Transformers and more!


For the nostalgia impaired, like myself, it is a must watch show. I find I can relate to the characters, the family dynamic (I grew up with my great uncle living with us and he was funny and silly much like the grandfather), and of course the pop culture that defined the decade! I often find myself sitting there grinning while watching, having just been reminded of a long buried memory or 80s detail I'd forgotten about.

Even the brief intro and song pull you back to that simpler time, devoid of tablets, smart phones, and BS. You feel like a kid again, popping a recorded over VHS into the VCR ready to kick back on the carpet, drink some Ecto Cooler and enjoy some care-free relaxation!

Be sure to check out the rest of the League's Obsessions over at Cool and Collected!

4 comments:

  1. You know, I caught the pilot and really did not like it. It seemed like it was trying to hard, and the jokes just fell flat for me. Then, I happened to catch a couple more episodes, and it's become one of my favorite shows. I can definitely see a lot of myself in the Adam Goldberg character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol me too! I was totally obsessed with Sci fi, pop culture, toys, video games, pretending...you name it! Glad you gave it a second chance ;)

      Delete
  2. Same here, love the show and it developed so well. I really like that the entire thing is believable, too many "family" shows are missing this element.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Great family dynamic. I really like the Grandpop ;)

      Delete